“The rising need for digitalization of business processes and files sharing solutions, with mobility support, in enterprises to drive the Enterprise File Sharing and Synchronization (EFSS) market”
The EFSS market size is expected to grow from USD 1.11 billion in 2015 to USD 3.51 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 25.7%. There is a strong need for EFSS solutions in almost all industry verticals to effectively manage huge data being generated on a daily basis. Other factors driving the growth of the EFSS market are demand for cloud-based integration solutions to provide mobility support, and the increasing trend of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD).
“Virtualization is estimated to contribute the largest market share by 2020”
Among the application types, virtualization is expected to contribute the highest in the overall revenue generation in the EFSS market by 2020. The application allows optimal utilization of resources and thus, enterprises are increasingly moving towards virtualization technologies to speed up their business processes and provide enhanced security to their data. Hosted EFSS solutions are expected to show higher traction among the enterprises, particularly Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs), due to its low cost and mobility feature. Among the regions, North America is expected to lead the market in terms of revenue, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific (APAC). APAC and MEA are expected to show an increased demand for EFSS solutions. These regions are continuously becoming more and more data focused, resulting in the generation of high volumes of data; thus, they need intelligent EFSS solutions to identify and synchronize highly valuable sensitive data to less valuable sensitive data.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. The interviews were conducted with CEOs, CIOs, VPs, marketing directors, EFSS technologists, and other innovation & technology directors & executives from various key organizations operating in the EFSS marketplace. Primary interviews were conducted worldwide covering the regions, North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and Latin America.
Distribution of primary interviews is as follows
- By Company Type: Tier 1-35%, Tier2-45%, and Tier 3-20%
- By Designation: C-Level-35%, Director Level-25%, and Others*-40%
- By Region: North America-45%, Europe-20%, Asia-Pacific-30%, and RoW-5%
Note: *Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers
The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2013: Tier 1 = >USD 10 billion, Tier 2 = USD 1 billion to USD 10 billion and Tier 3 = < USD 1 billion
Various key EFSS vendors and service providers profiled in the report are as follows:
- Microsoft Corporation
- Google, Inc.
- AirWatch (VMWare, Inc.)
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- WatchDox, Inc. (Blackberry Limited)
- Egnyte Inc.
- Dropbox, Inc.
- Sugarsync, Inc.
- Syncplicity LLC
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the enterprise file sharing and synchronization market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.