Based on Datamonitor's proprietary market data and insight into the leading fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the service station retailing market in Turkey. In addition to outlining service station site numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, c-store, car wash and automatic network data, it also details retailers' product offerings and future directions.
Features and benefits
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players in the sector by examining their number of sites, shops and car washes.
- Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and card propositions by examining the activities of other players across Turkey.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes and average prices.
The Turkish service station network increased by 2.9% in 2009. Petrol Ofisi has the largest fuel retail network, with a 23.7% share of the national service station network, followed by Opet and Shell. OMV is acquiring a majority stake in Petrol Ofisi in a €1bn transaction aimed at making Turkey a third hub for OMV. 'In Turkey, total fuel consumption decreased by 0.7% in 2009. In 2009, gasoline sales declined by 2.7% while diesel sales fell 3.9% over 2008. In 2009, fuel prices declined in line with global oil prices, after a spike in 2008. The average price of gasoline dropped by 6.5% to €1.59, while the average diesel price fell 13.1% to €1.33.Over 50% of the service stations in Turkey feature shops. Petrol Ofisi has the largest network of service station shops followed by Opet and Shell. During 2009 Petrol Ofisi added the highest number of new service station shops to its network . 32% service stations in Turkey have a car wash.
Your key questions answered
- Who are the top five players in the service station retail market and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Turkey?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do the key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships and suppliers used?