With money leaving traditional European offshore centers in the billions, understanding the nature of the rising offshore centers of Asia Pacific is critical. This report explores the offshore clients of Hong Kong and what strategies are best to attract and retain them making it a critical read, not just for offshore bankers, but also for their onshore operations.
Features and benefits
- Benefit from the findings of the unique Offshore Banks Survey 2010 conducted among banks in six offshore centers, including Hong Kong.
- Understand the source of offshore funds held in Hong Kong.
- Learn about the key product and service needs of offshore clients looking for an Asia Pacific booking center
- Find out who the offshore competitors in the local market and understand strategies of the key competitors through case studies.
High growth in the Greater China region is attracting offshore investors. According to the 2009 survey by the Hong Kong SFC, 81.3% of the assets managed from Hong Kong are invested in Asia Pacific. Of the AUM invested in Asia Pacific, 64.0% was devoted to China and Hong Kong.Hong Kong's AUM has a distinct bias in favor of equity investments, above and beyond that seen in the wider Asia Pacific, while its preference for alternative investments is considerably less pronounced. It is important to note that the steady stream of large Chinese IPOs coming onto the Hong Kong stock exchange.
Your key questions answered
- How have Hong Kong offshore clients acquired their wealth?
- What products and services will best attract new offshore clients?
- Who are the key offshore competitors active in the Hong Kong market?