“Global Military Radars Market to reach projected value of USD 13.04 billion by 2020”
The global military radars market was valued at USD 11.02 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 13.04 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 3.42% from 2015 to 2020. Increased concerns towards airborne fire control, surveillance, ground mapping, early warning, air traffic control (ATC) SAM guidance, and so on are driving the demand for military radars across the globe. With increased demand for defense surveillance over porous and attack prone borders, increased spending on defense sector by the developing countries, and increased terrorism and ongoing inter country conflicts, the market for military radars is expanding subsequently.
“Ground-based radars are expected to grow fastest in the military radars market”
Ground-based radars are used to get real-time information in warfare situations. Detection of the object, tracking, and reporting functions are performed by military radars. To locate unexploded ordinance and tunnels, ground-based system is very effective. Border security forces and military forces find ground-based radar very useful for ground penetration. Depth of tunnel, diameter, and path can be easily traced using the ground-based radar systems. In disasters such as earthquake and floods, locating operation can be done with the help of this system.
“X & KU band radars are expected to grow fastest in the military radars market”
X-band and Ku band radars are widely used for airborne military radar platform and ground-based platform. They also used in synthetic aperture radars. These systems are relatively popular in military application. Small antenna is used in both the radar band systems. Ku-band radars are used in missile guidance system application. Small antenna size makes them very handy in low weight applications. Space-borne platforms such as synthetic aperture radars (SAR) use these radar bands. Fighter aircrafts need fine target detection capability, for which X-band radars are used.
“North America region holds a dominant market share in the global military radars market”
The military radars market, by region, is led by the North America, which includes the U.S. and Canada. The North America region holds a significant share of the global military radars market in 2015. High defense expenditure of the U.S. is the major driver behind the high market share of this region.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for the military radars market report:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW – 5%
In this report, the military radars market is segmented into X & Ku band, L & S band, and other frequency band. Radars are classified based on frequency band which is used for the transmission of signal. X-band and Ku band radars are widely used for airborne military radar platform and ground-based platform. They also used in synthetic aperture radars. Other band radar systems include C-band, K-band, Ka-band, millimeter wave, and ultrahigh frequency radar bands.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends and PEST analysis), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the military radars market; high-growth regions and countries and their respective regulatory policies; government initiatives; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on military radar equipment offered by the top 10 players in the global military radars market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyzes the markets for military radars across regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading market players.