MediPoint: Women’s Health - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
The women’s health medical devices market encompasses treatments for conditions that are particular to the adult female anatomy. This includes abnormal uterine conditions, such as menorrhagia and uterine fibroids, as well as pelvic disorders such as female stress urinary incontinence. Moreover, there is a sub-segment of the female population that no longer desire to become pregnant, and seek permanent solutions to avoid conception.
In recent years, minimally invasive techniques and technologies have been developed to treat these conditions as alternatives to conventional surgery; these technologies are expected to see increased adoption in the coming years due to increased physician and patient awareness as well as an increasing number of women who are proactively seeking treatment for these embarrassing, and sometimes debilitating, conditions. However, recent lawsuits related to safety issues with some of these devices that are receiving widespread media attention, particularly in the urinary incontinence sling market, have caused some women to be skeptical of these newer technologies.
The technologies covered in this report include global endometrial devices, endometrial resection devices, uterine fibroid embolization agents, female sterilization devices, and female urinary incontinence slings. This report focuses on the global women’s health market in the 10 major markets (10MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, India, and Brazil). This report provides insight into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players, and market analysis of each segment. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians’ perceptions and decision-making processes in using and evaluating the adoption of different types of women’s health devices.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future women’s health market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with women’s health devices currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for women’s health devices?
- What are the challenges that have hindered widespread adoption of newer technologies?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global women’s health market?
- Overview of women’s health, including anatomy, epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities.
- Annualized total women’s health market revenue by type of device, direct and indirect costs of disease, procedure trends, and market outlooks by country through 2021.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global women’s health market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- “What Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading gynecologists, urogynecologists, interventional radiologists, and general surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.