Market outlook of the pharmerging markets
The research analyst predicts the pharmerging markets to grow steadily at a CAGR of 13% during the forecast period. The increase in public and private healthcare insurance is the primary growth driver for this market. The governments of various pharmerging countries such as India have implemented several schemes that can be availed by patients to obtain free treatment for different diseases. Also, public and private multinational firms in collaboration with various insurance companies are providing healthcare coverage to their employees as a part of the employee welfare scheme, which is further leveraging people to seek treatment for the existing diseases.
The increase in healthcare spending by governments of pharmerging countries are expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period. Governments and pharmaceutical companies in these regions are making huge investments to improve accessibility to healthcare services, which is primarily driven by rising incomes, macroeconomic expansion, and government-supported policies and programs.
Segmentation and analysis of the pharmerging markets
- Tier I countries (China)
- Tier II countries (Brazil, India, and Russia)
- Tier III countries (Poland, Argentina, Turkey, Mexico, Venezuela, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Colombia, Vietnam, South Africa, Algeria, Thailand, Indonesia, Egypt, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Ukraine)
The Tier I region (China) dominated the market during 2015, with a market share of 45%. An ageing population, increase in healthcare spending, and rise in market opportunities in suburban and rural areas are the main factors fueling the growth of the market in China.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The pharmerging markets are highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous small and large vendors. Most of the international pharmaceutical companies are facing challenges such as price pressure, regulatory constraints, and competition from local and other international pharmaceutical companies in the pharmerging markets. The competitive environment in the market is expected to intensify with an increase in product extensions, technological innovations, and increase in mergers and acquisitions.
The leading vendors in the market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Allergan, Amgen, Aspen, Astellas Pharma, Baxter, Bayer, Biogen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Chugai Pharmaceutical, CSL Behring, Daiichi Sankyo, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Endo Health Pharmaceuticals, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Fresenius, Gilead, Grifols, H. Lundbeck, Hospira, Johnson & Johnson, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Menarini, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Mylan, Novo Nordisk, Otsuka, Shire, STADA Arzneimittel, Sun Pharmaceutical, Takeda Pharma, Teva Pharmaceutical, UCB, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020
- What are the key factors driving the pharmerging markets
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the pharmerging markets
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in this market space
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the pharmerging markets
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III countries
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the pharmerging markets