Market outlook of the artificial grass turf market
The artificial grass turf surface is made of plastic pellets, and the grass consists of filaments threaded into the surface. The increased demand for artificial grass turf in regions where the environmental conditions are arid and hostile is the primary driver for the market growth. The market research analyst predicts the global artificial grass turf market to grow at a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period.
However, the high setup cost is expected to deter the market growth during the forecast period. The initial cost of installing an artificial grass turf is high and ranges from USD 1.59 to USD 4.00 per square foot depending on the type of artificial turf. Consumers in such regions prefer using the natural grass turf as it is cheaper rather than purchasing the costlier artificial grass turf.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the artificial grass turf market
Contact sports accounted for 44% of the market shares during 2014. The use of artificial grass turf for American football has been popular since the 1960's due to the unfavorable environment conditions in America.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the global artificial grass turf market
EMEA accounted for the largest market share of around 42% during 2014. Developed countries such as the UK, Germany, and France were the key contributors in this region. However, the research report predicts the region to lose its shares to the APAC region during the forecast period. APAC is anticipated to be the fastest growing region until the end of 2019.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global artificial grass turf market is dominated by the key vendors competing on the basis of basis of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing. Pricing strategies and innovative services among leading companies play a significant role in driving the growth of the market. The research report predicts the competition to intensify during the forecast period due to the increase in product extensions.
The leading vendors in the market are
- The GreenFields
Other vendors in the market include Artificial Grass, Artificial Lawn Company, Avalon, Challenger Industries, DuPont, Easigrass, Global Syn-Turf, NewGrass, and TigerTurf Americas.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019
- What are the key factors driving the global artificial grass turf market
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global artificial grass turf market
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in the artificial grass turf market
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the artificial grass turf market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global artificial grass turf market