Market analysis of the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
The market research analyst estimates the dishwashing detergent market in Europe to witness a steady growth and reach a revenue of around USD 5 billion during the forecast period. The introduction of new products such as bar detergents and liquid hand dishwashing detergents, catering to the needs of the consumers is driving the growth of this market in Europe.
The innovation in packaging has also enabled the growth of this market. Many vendors have introduced dishwashing detergent products in recyclable containers catering to the demand for eco-friendly products. Stand-up pouches with spouts attached to the top have also gained popularity. These pouches reduce the cost of transportation and maximize shelf space in supermarkets and hypermarkets.
Product segmentation and analysis of the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
- Automatics dishwasher detergent
- Hand dishwashing detergent
The research report predicts the automatic segment to account for nearly 61% of the market shares by the end of 2019. As a result of the lifestyle changes, the penetration of dishwashers is expected to increase during the forecast period, resulting in a higher market growth for this segment.
Segmentation by retail format and analysis of the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
- Hypermarkets and supermarkets
- Independent retailers
- Pharmacies and drugstores
- Convenience stores
- Cash and Carry stores
- Department stores
During 2014, hypermarkets and supermarkets accounted for the largest contribution of around 64% of the revenue generated in the market.
Segmentation by key customer and analysis of the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
Households accounted for the bulk of the market share during 2014. The research report predicts a shift from hand dishwashing detergent to automatic dishwashing detergents among households during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The dishwashing detergent market in Europe is highly competitive with the presence of multiple well-established suppliers. Vendors in this market compete on the basis of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing.
The leading vendors in the market are
- Procter & Gamble
- Reckitt Benckiser
Other vendors in the market include ACS Manufacturing, Citra Solv, Clorox, Ensar Foreign Trade, Finish, Guangzhou Liby, iHerb, Kao, Morning Fresh, SC Johnson & Son, SerVaas Laboratories, Seventh Generation, and Shanghai White Cat.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019
- What are the key factors driving the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in this market space
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the dishwashing detergent market in Europe
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the dishwashing detergent market in Europe