The pharmaceutical industry is in the midst of fundamental changes, brought on by the increasing concerns over the expiry of patents, weak product pipelines, and competition from generics. However, increasing prosperity in emerging markets is creating new avenues for pharmaceutical companies to increase their top-line growth. Thus, to meet the challenges and exploit the opportunities, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly looking towards advanced technologies to stay ahead of the intense competition in the field.
- To offset declining sales from the patent cliff, companies are expanding into emerging markets in order to increase their market share, which is in turn leading to increasing investments in their core ICT categories of hardware, software, and IT services.
- Kable expects mobility and cloud computing to gain momentum in the next two years, and companies are set to increase spending on these advance technologies in order to enhance their competitiveness.
- Meanwhile, pharmaceutical companies are prioritizing their ICT investments relating to clinical and pre-clinical research to drive future RandD requirements.
ICT investment trends in pharmaceuticals presents the findings from a survey of 95 pharmaceutical companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how pharmaceutical companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies banks are investing in, including business intelligence, mobility and cloud computing. Understand the approach adopted by pharmaceutical companies to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to pharmaceutical companies. The report also focuses on pharmaceutical companies' ICT spending trends for specific business systems, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by companies.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions pharmaceutical companies are interested in outsourcing
- Pharmaceuticals' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, mobility, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' investments in each technology category
- How pharmaceutical companies' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Pharmaceutical companies' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into pharmaceutical companies' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that pharmaceutical companies are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the pharmaceutical companies ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by pharmaceutical companies in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of pharmaceutical companies
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, mobility, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing pharmaceutical companies' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that pharmaceutical companies are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
- Avi Infosys
- Middle East Infoway