Market outlook of the stationary generator market in GCC
GCC is one of the fastest developing regions in the world with the presence of robust industrial and infrastructure building activities, hence there exists a huge demand for stationary generators for providing power to all these sectors. The region is also blessed with the abundance of massive oil reserves that makes this region a potential market for generator vendors.
The stationary generator market in GCC is projected to grow at a CAGR of about 7% during the forecast period. Factors such as changing government policies, growing IT/ITeS sector, growing automotive manufacturing sector, and development in public infrastructure are impacting the market positively. Among the six member countries, Saudi Arabia is the largest market for stationary generators.
- Segmentation of the stationary generator market in GCC by fuel type
- Stationary diesel generators
- Stationary gas generators
At present, the stationary diesel generator market holds the largest market share of the overall market. However, The market research analysts expect the stationary gas generator market to increase its market share, growing at a CAGR of more than 9% during the forecast period. Gas as a fuel type is available either as natural gas or liquid propane and both these types are environmentally less hazardous than diesel and is thus gaining popularity among all types of end-user.
Segmentation of the stationary generator market in GCC by output power capacity
- Less than 300 kW
- 301 to 1,000 kW
- Greater than 1,000 kW
Currently, majority of the demand in this region is evident in the generator segment with output power capacity of less than 300 kW. However, during the forecast period, it is expected that the demand will gradually shift toward generators with output power capacity of above 1,000 kW, as the region is evolving into a dynamic industrial and commercial destination.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Industrial end-users are resorting to the adoption of rental services when it comes to large diesel generators instead of owning one. This saves them a whole lot of investment involved in buying a generator and installing it. This trend is steadily encouraging some vendors to expand their business territory and enter the power rental market to reach out to a varied array of customers.
Key vendors in this market are
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Action, Atlas Copco, Detroit Tools, FG Wilson, Generac Holdings, Ghaddar Machinery, Himoinsa, Ingersoll Rand, Jubaili Bros, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Kohler, Manlift Group, Saudi Diesel Equipment, and SDMO Generating Sets.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019
- What are the key factors driving the stationary generator market in GCC
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the stationary generator market in GCC
- What are the challenges to market growth
- Who are the key vendors in the stationary generator market in GCC
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the stationary generator market in GCC
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the stationary generator market in GCC