The emergence of red supply chain in China has been exerting increasing pressure on existing players in the high-tech sector, including Taiwanese companies. While some predict Taiwan's IT industry will be replaced soon, others are confident in Taiwanese companies' ability to sustain lead with smart manufacturing technologies. This report provides an overview of China's red supply chain and driving factors behind its emergence; looks closely at its impacts on the global PC, smartphone, and tablet supply chains and provides insights on how to respond to such threat in the long run by identifying several countermeasures.
List of Topics
- Overview of the red supply chain and its contributing factors
- Global notebook PC, desktop PC and tablet market share by branded vendor for the period 2012-2015 and highlights Chinese brands that are on an upward growth trajectory
- Outline of major Chinese companies who manufacture key components for use in low-cost tablets, including application processors, panels/touch panels, lens and modules, memory modules and battery cells
- Outline of major Chinese companies who manufacture key components for use in smartphones and tablets, including touch panels, battery cells, chassis, and others
- Analysis of how Taiwan views the rise of red supply chain and includes several countermeasures
AcBel, Acer, Allwinner, AMD, Amlogic, Amperex Technology, Apple, ASUS, ATL, AUO, BAK, BOE, BYD, Century Display, Cisco, Coolpad, CPT, Dell, Delta, Deren Electronics, Desay Battery, DynaPack, ECS, Foxconn, Fujitsu, Gold Circuit Electronics, Goworld, Greatwall, GSEO, HannStar, HP, HTC, Huawei, Huntkey, Hynix, IBM, In Win, Infotmic, Innolux, Intel, Jhing-sheng, Jiantian, Jorgantronics, Kunshan InfoVision Opto, Kunshan Q Tech, Largan Precision, Lenovo, Leyden, LFE, LG, LGD, Lite-On, Luxshare, MediaTek, Micron, Microsoft, MSI, Nissha Printing, Nvidia, Oceansun, O-Film Tech, Panasonic, Primax Electronics, Qualcomm, Ramaxel, Rockchip, Samsung, SanDisk, Sanyo, Seagate, SEMCO, Sharp, Simplo, Sony, Sunny Optical, Sunwoda, Tianjin Lishen, Tianma, Toshiba, TPK, Truly, TungDa, WD, WinTek, WonderMedia, Wuxi A-kerr, Xiaomi, Youngfast, ZTE