Retail Futures is a unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures every three months. A Sector Summary Report and seven UK sector and two UK channel forecasts are available (Clothing & Footwear, DIY & Gardening, Electricals, Furniture & Floorcoverings, Food & Grocery, Health & Beauty, Homewares, e-Retail, DIY Superstores).
Features and benefits
Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years.
Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next nine quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates.
Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies.
Forecast for online retailing, analysing total online spend, split down into food and non-food.
- Growth improves in Q4, though remains relatively weak
- Food remains the major driver of growth, though improvements are also seen in non food.
- Total volume growth also improves, though is still low at just 0.5%.
Inflation a major driver
- Increasing to 1.3% in Q3 and trending upwards in Q4
- Clothing & footwear a major driver of this – impacted by the weakness of sterling, rising cotton prices and increased transportation costs.
Food & grocery a focus at Christmas
- Growth expected to rise to 3.7%, the highest this year, despite inflation easing.
- Value for money will be high on the consumer agenda when making promotions
Your key questions answered
Find out which retail sectors will perform the best at Christmas and build strategies around it.
This unique service provides constantly updated forecasts that ensures you are making the right decisions, based on the latest data.
The reliable and accurate data exposes opportunities for growth and is a key operational planning tool to aid tactical and strategic decision-making.
It allows you to benchmark performance with confidence and set effective targets to help maximise performance.