“Increasing focus on quality control across industries to drive the 3D scanner market”
The 3D scanner market size, in terms of value, is expected to grow from USD 3.41 billion in 2015 to USD 5.90 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.6% between 2016 and 2022. The 3D scanner hardware market size, in terms of volume, is expected to reach 114.9 thousand units by 2022, at a CAGR of 10.9% between 2016 and 2022. 3D scanners can overcome the limitations of traditional inspection methods and reduce the time as well as cost of production operations while matching, or even exceeding the accuracy of traditional scanning.
“Automotive industry to be the largest market for 3D scanner”
The 3D scanning technology is used widely in the automotive industry for quality control and inspection to ensure that the components are manufactured within specified tolerance levels. With reduced inspection time and overall cost, automotive manufacturers can expedite the new product development cycle, which allows them to introduce new vehicle models and maintain a competitive edge in the market.
“APAC 3D scanner market to grow at the highest CAGR”
The APAC region holds a tremendous market potential in the near future and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Some of the major drivers for the growing demand for 3D scanners in the APAC region include the rising number of infrastructure projects, growing preference for custom implants, and increasing number of dental restoration surgeries.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profile of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 55 %, Tier 2 – 20%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 75% and Managers – 25%
- By Region: The Americas – 40%, Europe – 30%, APAC – 20%, and RoW – 10%
Companies that provide a range of customized solutions are expected to emerge as the game changers since customers find it easier to sync up with such devices for use in the specific industry. The major focus for the 3D scanner market is on the quality control and inspection application.
The key players in the 3D scanner market profiled in the report are as follows:
- Hexagon AB (Sweden)
- Faro Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- Nikon Metrology NV (Belgium)
- GOM mbH (Germany)
- Creaform Inc. (Canada)
- Trimble Navigation Ltd. (U.S.)
- Topcon Corporation (Japan)
- Perceptron Inc. (U.S.)
- Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH (Austria)
- Carl Zeiss Optotechnik GmbH (Germany)
- 3D Digital Corporation (U.S.)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the 3D scanner market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and that of the sub segments across the different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers &acquisitions in the 3D scanner market.