“Increasing need for building thermal management is driving the roofing chemicals market”
The global roofing chemicals market is projected to reach USD 106.83 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2016 to 2021. The growing need for building thermal management is the major driver in the global roofing chemicals market. Roofing chemicals which are used for roofs help to reduce the absorption of heat and keep them cool. Cool roofs save a huge amount of money by reducing the power consumption which is required for cooling buildings. Also, the high growth in the construction sector is expected to stimulate the demand for roofing chemicals, but the high installation costs and the high manufacturing costs may restrain growth in future.
“Bituminous roofing, the largest and membrane roofing is the fastest growing application for roofing chemicals”
Roofing chemicals are majorly used in bituminous roofing. Bituminous roofing has a long lifespan and is economical as compared to others. Bituminous roofs are durable, can withstand all kinds of weather, and are watertight. The bituminous mix can also be used as Stress Absorbing Membranes (SAM) for sealing cracks and interim overlays for preventative maintenance or Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayers (SAMI). Due to its high creep resistance property, it can also be used at busy intersections, bridge decks, and roundabouts to increase their life.
The different types of membranes used in roofing are synthetic rubber, thermoplastic, and modified bitumen. Maintenance of membrane roofing is easy, it is highly resistant to damage, and exhibits temperature flexibility.
“Asia-Pacific, the largest and fastest-growing market for roofing chemicals”
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for roofing chemicals globally. There is tremendous scope for roofing chemicals in the Asia-Pacific market due to the high growth in the Chinese economy and rapid industrialization. China is the key consumer of roofing chemicals in the Asia-Pacific region as well as globally. Further, the resulting rapid developments in the construction industry are driving the demand for roofing chemicals for residential buildings in the region.
This study has been validated through primary interviews conducted with various industry experts globally. These primary sources have been divided into three categories: by company; by designation; and by region.
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 60%, Tier 2- 30% and Tier 3- 10%
- By Designation- C Level- 40%, Director Level- 30%, Others- 30%
- By Region- North America- 10%, Asia-Pacific- 50%, Western Europe- 20%, and Middle East & Africa- 20%
The report also includes company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major market players such as BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S), Saint-Gobain S.A. (France), 3M Company (U.S), Akzo Nobel N.V (The Netherlands), Sika AG (Switzerland), Owens Corning (U.S), Carlisle Companies Incorporated (U.S), Johns Manville (U.S), GAF Materials Corporation (U.S), and Firestone Building Products (U.S.).
This report covers the global roofing chemicals market across different applications and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments such as type, application, and region. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and key market strategies. The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market by providing them the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall roofing chemicals market.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused upon various levels of analyses — industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the roofing chemicals market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on roofing chemicals offered by the top players in the global roofing chemicals market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the global roofing chemicals market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for roofing chemicals across regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global roofing chemicals market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global roofing chemicals market.