The healthcare supply chain management market is projected to reach USD 2.22 billion by 2021 from USD 1.45 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period. Factors such as the Unique Device Identification (UDI) initiative by the FDA, growing adoption of cloud-based solutions, increasing pressure faced by hospitals to improve operational efficiency and profitability, and compliance of the G1 system standards in various countries are driving the growth of the global healthcare supply chain management market in the forecast period.
The software segment is expected to account for the largest share of the healthcare supply chain management market, by component, in 2016. Supply chain management software is used to manage supplier relationships, control business processes, and execute value chain transactions. The web-based segment is expected to account for the largest share of the healthcare supply chain management market, by delivery mode, in 2016. The large share of this segment is mainly attributed to its high market penetration over the years. Manufacturers are expected to account for the largest share of the healthcare supply chain management market, by end user, in 2016. Manufacturers mainly employ supply chain management solutions for transportation and warehouse management to ensure faster, more accurate, and more efficient functioning. This is a major factor contributing to the large share of this market.
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the healthcare supply chain management market in 2016, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). The large share and high growth rate of the North American region can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, presence of top market players, and growing government initiatives in this region.
The healthcare supply chain management market is highly competitive, due to the presence of several big and small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (agreements, partnerships, and collaborations; mergers and acquisitions; new product launches; product enhancements; expansions; and product deployment) to increase their shares and establish a stronger foothold in the global healthcare supply chain management market. Prominent players in this market are SAP SE (Germany), Oracle Corporation (U.S.), Infor Inc. (U.S.), Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) (U.S.), McKesson Corporation (U.S.), TECSYS Inc. (Canada), Jump Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), and LogiTag Systems Ltd. (Israel).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market which in turn will help them garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares. The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the healthcare supply chain management market. The report analyzes the market based on component, delivery mode, and end user
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the healthcare supply chain management market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various healthcare supply chain management systems across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the healthcare supply chain management market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the healthcare supply chain management market.