The global clinical microbiology market is projected to reach USD 5.77 billion by 2021 from USD3.35 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 11.5%, during 2016 to 2021. Market growth can be attributed to factors such as the technological advancements; rising incidence of infectious diseases and growing outbreak of epidemics; growing healthcare expenditure across the world; and increasing funding, research grants, and public-private investments in the field of life science researches. However, reimbursement concerns and unfavorable regulatory scenario are restraining the growth of the clinical microbiology market. Furthermore, improving healthcare infrastructure across the emerging markets and growing market demand for advanced molecular diagnostic products provide various opportunities in the clinical microbiology market. The operational barriers for diagnostic test usage and bundled sales by market giants across major markets are the major challenges limiting the growth of the global clinical microbiology market to a certain extent.
In this report, the global clinical microbiology market is segmented on the basis of product into instruments [laboratory instruments (incubators, gram strainers, bacterial colony counters, autoclave sterilizers, microbial air samplers, anaerobic culture systems, petridish fillers, blood culture systems, microbial culture systems, and other laboratory instruments) and microbiology analyzers (molecular diagnostic instruments, microscopes, and mass spectrometers)] and reagents (pathogen specific kits and general reagents).
Geographically, North America and Europe are expected to be the mature markets for clinical microbiology products in 2016. The North American clinical microbiology market is expected to hold the largest share of global clinical microbiology market in 2016. However, the Asia-Pacific clinical microbiology market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the growing number of hospitals and clinical diagnostic laboratories in India and China; expanding research capabilities for the development of innovative and affordable clinical microbiology testing procedures across India, China, and Japan; and rising incidences of infectious diseases.
Leading players in the clinical microbiology market include bioMerieux S.A. (France),Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.),Cepheid (U.S.) Abbott Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland),Alere Inc. (U.S.), Bruker Corporation (U.S.), and Hologic, Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis such as market share analysis of the top ten players and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the clinical microbiology market, and high-growth regions and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn help firms to garner a higher market, share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the clinical microbiology products offered by the top 10 players in the global market. The report analyzes the clinical microbiology market by products and disease area across key geographic regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming clinical microbiology products, research and development activities, and new product launches in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various clinical microbiology products across key geographic regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global clinical microbiology market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global clinical microbiology market