“Increasing demand for PVB in films & sheets application is a key driver of the PVB market”
The market size of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) is estimated to reach USD 3.04 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.83% between 2016 and 2021. The demand for PVB is increasing because of its increased usage in the manufacturing of films & sheets application, which is further used in the automotive and construction industries for laminated glass manufacturing. With the growing automotive industry, the increased demand for excellent optical clarity, strong binding power, and outstanding adhesive and film forming properties drive the market for PVB films & sheets.
“Photovoltaic: The fastest-growing end-use industry of PVB films & sheets”
PVB is used in various end-use industries such as automotive, construction, and photovoltaic. The photovoltaic end-use industry is estimated to register the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2021, in terms of value and volume. Growing usage of PVB films & sheets in solar panel manufacturing drives the market for photovoltaic industry. Increasing demand for PVB films & sheets in safety and laminated glass manufacturing for the automotive industry is also a major driver for the PVB market.
“Rising demand for PVB and PVB films & sheets from the developing markets of Asia-Pacific is the major driver for the PVB market”
In 2015, Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market share, in terms of value and volume. It is estimated to retain its market leadership during the forecast period. High industrial growth resulted in an increased demand for PVB in different applications such as paints & coatings, films & sheets, adhesives, and others. This growth is further supported by the growing construction industry in Asia-Pacific owing to the increased governmental investments in the infrastructure sector. China accounted for the largest market share in this region owing to the increased demand for infrastructure development in the past 2–3 years. Other emerging economies, such as India and Brazil, are the markets that are projected to grow rapidly in the coming years.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted.
The breakdown of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 33%, Tier 2 – 60%, and Others - 7%
- By Designation - C level - 56%, Director level - 33%, and Others - 11%
- By Region - North America - 13%, Europe - 47%, Asia-Pacific - 20%, the Middle East & Africa - 13%, and South America - 7%
The key companies profiled in this market research report are Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.), Kuraray Co., Ltd. (Japan), Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), Huakai Plastic (Chongqing) Co. Ltd. (China), Chang Chun Petrochemicals Co. Ltd. (China), Kingboard Chemical Holdings Ltd. (China), Everlam (Belgium), DuLite PVB Film (Taiwan), Tiantai Kanglai Industrial Co., Ltd. (China), and other local players.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the PVB market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- It will help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- It will help stakeholders to understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.