“The global medical electronics market to grow at a high rate”
The global medical electronics market is expected to reach USD 4.41 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2016 and 2022. The medical electronics market is expected to grow rapidly owing to factors such as rising ageing population and growing lifestyle diseases; rising demand for personalized, easy to use, and advanced healthcare devices; and increasing adoption of wearable electronics. The major restraint that acts as barrier for the growth of medical electronics market includes stringent regulatory process for product approval and high maintenance and refurbishment costs. The medical electronics market is highly affected by the legislation and initiatives such as increasing clinical trial requirements for new products from the governments and regulatory authorities. Over the years, the medical device approval guidelines and regulations across the world have become more stringent to minimize errors associated with medical devices.
‘Monitoring application is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period’
The medical electronics market has been segmented on the basis of application into diagnostics and monitoring, Monitoring devices market is expected to grow at the highest rate because of the increasing use of patient monitoring devices in outpatient care departments, ambulatory care centers, and home care settings. Factors such as increasing market penetration rates of the portable medical devices which are used in home healthcare establishments and an increasing trend towards remote patient monitoring are also expected to contribute to the growth of the medical electronics market for patient monitoring applications in the coming years.
“North America held the largest market share in the medical electronics market during 2015”
Among all the geographic regions, North America is considered to be the largest market for medical electronics. The market in North America for medical electronics is driven by various factors such as improved health care infrastructure and increasing demand for medical electronics in the region. In addition, technological advancements in medical device technology have propelled the growth of the market in North America. Moreover, the rising demand for medical electronics in home treatment and the presence of well-structured distribution channels in the region are aiding market growth.
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast. The greater utilization of medical devices in various clinical diagnosis, monitoring and therapeutic procedures is expected to drive the adoption of medical electronics among healthcare providers in the APAC region.
The breakup of primaries conducted during the study has been depicted below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 Companies - 50%, Tier 2 Companies – 33%, and Tier 3 Companies – 17%
- By Designation: C-level Executives- 34%, Directors - 33%, and Others- 33%
- By Region: North America- 50%, Europe- 33%, and Asia-Pacific- 17%
The key players in the medical electronics market are Philips Healthcare (Netherlands), Siemens Healthcare (Germany), Medtronic Plc. (Ireland), Analog Devices, Inc. (U.S.), NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Netherlands), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), GE Healthcare, Inc. (U.S),and Texas Instruments (U.S)
The scope of this report covers the medical electronics market on the basis of component, product type, application and geography. The medical electronics market on the basis of component has been further segmented into sensor, battery, memory chips, displays and microcontrollers. The report has been segmented on the basis of application into monitoring and diagnosis. Similarly, product type has been further segmented into invasive and noninvasive. The medical electronics report on the basis of geography has been segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, and the Rest of the World.
Key benefits of buying the report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to components, product, application, and geography along with their respective market size.
- The Porter’s Five Forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the medical electronics market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the medical electronics market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets on the basis of components, product, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the medical electronics market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and ranking of key players.
- The available customizations for the report can offer further country-wise segmentation of the medical electronics market in terms of value, further breakdown of the industry can be provided, and profiling of any additional companies in the report.