The freeze drying equipment market provided in this report covers both, freeze drying systems or freeze dryers and freeze drying accessories. The equipment market is further segmented on the basis of scale of operations and technology. Based on the scale of operations the freeze drying equipment market is segmented as lab-scale, pilot-scale, and industrial-scale freeze dryers; whereas, based on the technology, the freeze drying market is segmented as manifold freeze dryers, rotary freeze dryers, and tray-style freeze dryers. Whereas, the freeze drying accessories market is classified as vacuum systems, loading and unloading systems, control and monitor facilities, clean-in-place (CIP) systems, freeze drying chambers, freeze drying trays/shelves, manifolds, and other freeze drying accessories such as valves, filters, adapters, glassware, and stainless steel ware. This report also discusses the key market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and burning issues in the global freeze drying market and its submarkets. The report provides information in geographic make-up of this market as well, split across major regions namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
The global freeze drying market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period of 2014 to 2019 and is estimated to be worth $2,655.9 million by 2019. Rising investments in lyophilization of biopharmaceuticals by leading market players, growing adoption of automated loading and unloading systems, clean-in-place (CIP) systems, and controlling and monitoring systems are expected to drive the growth in the global freeze drying equipment market during the forecast period of 2014 to 2019. Many of the end users in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry are increasingly adopting automation solutions in their freeze drying systems to minimize manual errors in setting up freeze drying parameters, improve processing time, and reduce operating costs. Such a trend is expected to promote greater uptake of technologically advanced freeze drying systems in the global pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
By 2019, Asia-Pacific will continue to dominate and drive the freeze drying equipment market, primarily due to the increasing demand for lyophilization in pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Majority of the growth in the Asia-Pacific region is primarily driven by the growing pharmaceutical and biotech industries in China and India.
The global freeze drying equipment market is fragmented in nature with the presence of many small and big firms. The major players in the freeze drying market include Tofflon Science and Technology Co., Ltd.(China), IMA S.p.A.(Italy), GEA Group (Germany), Azbil Corporation (Japan), SP Industries Inc. (U.S.), Labconco Corporation (U.S.), Optima Packaging Group GmbH (Germany), HOF Enterprise Group (Germany), Martin Christ Gefriertrocknungsanlagen GmbH (Germany), and Millrock technology, Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help the firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing this report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the freeze drying equipment market. The report analyzes the freeze drying equipment and accessories market by type and geography covering North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the freeze drying equipment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets for freeze drying equipment by scale and by technology, and freeze drying accessories market by type
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the freeze drying market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the freeze drying market