“3D sensors market estimated to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period”
The 3D sensors market is expected to reach USD 5.46 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 26.5% between 2016 and 2022. The growth of this market can be attributed to the rising demand of 3D enabled-devices in consumer electronics, integration of the optical and electronic components, the use of sensing technology in gaming applications and the growing requirement for security & surveillance systems.
“3D image sensors to hold a large share of the 3D sensors market during the forecast period”
3D image sensors are expected to hold the largest share of the 3D sensors market during the forecast period. The increasing application of 3D image sensors in consumer electronics, automotive, entertainment, and security & surveillance is a major factor driving the growth of the market for 3D image sensors. Imaging is required across applications, which increases the scope of these sensors. The 3D image sensor market is further sub-segmented into CMOS 3D, 3D electro-optical, and 3D time-of-flight. CMOS 3D image sensors have developed features such as increased speed, fast frame rate, and improved resolution which have resulted in enhanced image quality.
“3D sensors market in APAC to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The use of 3D sensing technology in APAC is mainly in consumer products such as smart phones, gaming consoles, PCs, and laptops, and in industries for manufacturing and inspection purposes. APAC has also advanced in the entertainment sector and hence 3D technology is used in televisions and cinemas. The low cost of labour as well as operations has boosted the manufacturing of components and devices in this region which is driving the growth of the market for 3D sensors
Break-up of the profile of primary participants for the report is as given below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 62 %, Tier 2 – 25%, and Tier 3 – 13%
- By Designation – C-Level Executives – 42%, Directors– 32%, and Others – 26%
- By Region – North America - 55%, Europe – 12%, APAC – 28%, and RoW – 5%
The major companies involved in the development of 3D sensors include ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (Taiwan), Cognex Corporation (U.S.), Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), Intel Corporation (U.S.), IFM Electronic GmbH (Germany), LMI Technologies, Inc. (Canada), Microchip Technology Inc. (U.S.), Microsoft Corporation (U.S.), Occipital, Inc. (U.S.), Omni Vision Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), PMD Technologies AG (Germany), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), and Soft Kinetic (Belgium).
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the 3D sensors market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market penetration: Comprehensive information on 3D sensors offered by the top players in the global 3D sensors market
- Product development/innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the 3D sensors market
- Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for 3D sensors across regions
- Market diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the global 3D sensors market
- Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global 3D sensors market.