The Co-development Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the co-development deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading life science companies.
The report provides a detailed understand and analysis of how and why companies enter co-development deals.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered and rights transferred – contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains links to online copies of actual co-development contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by biopharma companies and their partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of co-development dealmaking and business activities.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of co-development dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an analysis of the trends in co-development as well as a discussion on the merits of the type of deal.
Chapter 3 provides an overview of the structure of co-development deals. The chapter includes numerous case studies to enable understanding of both pure co-development deals and multicomponent deals where co-development forms a part.
Chapter 4 provides a review of the leading co-development deals since 2009. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by bigpharma, most active bigpharma, signed by bigbiotech, most active bigbiotech, and most active of all biopharma companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract via the Current Agreements deals and alliances database.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive review of co-development financials for deals announced since 2009, including headline value, upfront, milestone payments and royalty rates by stage of development, providing both benchmark data and access to individual deal financials.
Chapters 6 and 7 provide a comprehensive listing of the top 50 bigpharma and bigbiotech companies with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of co-development deals available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Current Agreements deals and alliances database to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 8 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of co-development deals signed and announced since 2009 where a contract document is available. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, technologyand therapeutic area. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous table and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in co-development dealmaking since 2009.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about co-development as an opportunity to participate in the commercialization of either candidate compounds in development or products already on the market.
Co-development Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of the co-development trends and structure of deals entered into by leading life science companies worldwide.
Co-development Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics includes:
- Trends in co-development dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2009
- Analysis of co-development deal structure
- Case studies of real-life co-development deals
- Comprehensive listing of co-development deals since 2009
- Access to co-development contract documents
- Key financial benchmarks for headline, upfront, milestone and royalty rates
- The leading co-development deals by value since 2009
- Most active co-development dealmakers since 2009
- The leading co-development partnering resources
In Co-development Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics available deals and contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Therapeutic area
- Technology type
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual deal record and where available, contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Co-development Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics report provides comprehensive access to available contract documents for co-development deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How do milestone align with clinical stage development phases?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Co-development Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of co-development deal trends since 2009
- Analysis of the structure of co-development agreements with numerous real life case studies
- Comprehensive listing of all co-development deals since 2009, together with deal terms, value and press release
- Comprehensive access to actual co-development contracts entered into by the world’s life science companies
- Analysis of key deal financials including headline value, upfront, milestone payments and royalty rates
- Insight into the terms included in a co-development agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies