Factory automation systems are used for automatic monitoring and controlling the operations and processes with the help of robots like devices and thereby reducing the human intervention. These automation systems are offering advantages like: least cost production, reduction in industrial waste, speed production, and easy production monitoring and management. The production managers can make the required changes immediately and therefore the response time is reduced. The emphasis by market players on energy saving and efficiency improvement is driving the market, with other market driver factors like internet of things and services integrating manufacturing and engineering, country and government impetus to manufacturing activities and shifting manufacturing base. The organizations are now adopting technologically advanced and smart manufacturing activities to utilize the resource optimally.
The factory automation and machine vision market is segmented on the basis of technology, field devices, products, components, and applications. The technology segment includes Industrial Control Systems like Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Information Technology System. The Field Devices Market is sub-segmented in robotics, sensors, relays & switches, motion & drives and others.
Applications in factory automation market is segmented into power, textile, oil & gas, automotive, chemicals, printing & packaging, plastics, food processing, pharmaceuticals, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM). Applications in machine vision market is segmented into automotive, semiconductor, electronics, glass, metals, wood & paper, pharmaceuticals & cosmetics, rubber & plastics, containers & packaging and others.
The report describes the value chain for factory automation market by considering all the major stakeholders in the market and their role in the analysis. The report also provides a detailed study of the Porter’s five force analysis of the market. Major players in the market include Siemens Ag (Germany), ABB LTD (Switzerland), Emerson Electric Company (U.S), Rockwell Automation Inc (U.S.), Schneider Electric SA (France), General Electric Company (U.S.), Teledyne Dalsa Inc (Canada), Eastman Kodak (U.S.).
- The total market for Industrial Control and Factory Automation market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 8.53% from 2014 – 2020
- Analysis of industrial control and factory automation market with special focus on high growth application segment
- Industrial control and Factory automation market include statistics by technology & services, Field devices, application and geography with detailed classification splits by revenue
- Porter’s five forces has been explained in detail along with the value chain analysis for industrial control and factory automation market
- Major market trends, drivers, restraints and opportunities for the industrial control and factory automation market
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast of the major geographical markets to give an overall view of the industrial control and factory automation market
- Detailed competitive landscape with identification of the key players with in-depth market share analysis with individual revenue and market shares