“Road safety market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2016 to 2021”
The road safety market size is estimated to grow from USD 2.60 billion in 2016 to USD 4.06 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.3%. Increase in mobility and the associated demands on transportation systems, strict government regulations for road safety, and increase in road accidents/fatality rate are driving the road safety market. However, lack of awareness and engineering challenges are some of the restraints for the growth of the market.
“Automatic license plate recognition is expected to be the fastest growing solution in road safety”
Automatic license plate recognition plays a key role in the planning and control of modern cities and can be deployed for a variety of applications. The system is easy to install with functions such as video cameras, speed calculation, and alarms to detect a particular vehicle.
“Red light enforcement is expected to be the largest contributor in the road safety solutions market”
Red light enforcement is one of the most important safety control systems in traffic management. This system is easy and cost-efficient, compared to other safety devices. Also, with the advent of smart cities and safety initiatives governments tend to extensively install red light enforcement solutions.
“North America is expected to have the largest market size and Asia-Pacific (APAC) projected to grow at the highest CAGR”
North America is expected to hold the largest share of the road safety market owing to early adoption of technology and the presence of large number of solution providers. However, the APAC region is projected to grow at the fastest pace as it has undergone tremendous economic growth, political transformation, social changes, and active government initiatives. Countries such as India, China, Philippines, and Australia have embarked upon ambitious and important initiatives to enhance the strategic planning, agency capability, and evaluation of road safety projects.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company: Tier 1: 55 %, Tier 2: 20%, and Tier 3: 25%
- By Designation: C level: 60%, Director level: 25%, Others: 15%
- By Region: North America: 10%, Europe: 20%, APAC: 40%, Rest of the World (RoW): 30%
The road safety market report segments the market on the basis of components and regions. The report also contains the profiling and competitive landscape of the major technology vendors. Some of the major technology vendors include Jenoptik AG, Kapsch TrafficCom AG, Sensys Gatso Group AB, Redflex Holdings Limited, American Traffic Solutions, Inc., 3M, FLIR Systems, Inc., Motorola Solutions, SWARCO AG, and Information Engineering Group Inc.
The report provides a picture on road safety market across different regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments such as solution, service, and regions. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market analysis of top players, value chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the road safety market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on road safety offered by the top players in the global road safety market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the road safety market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for road safety across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global road safety market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and service offerings of the leading players in the global road safety market