The fluid management and visualization systems industry has evolved from traditional standalone systems to modern automated, integrated systems to increase the endosurgical procedure outcomes. Patient safety and security from infections have also gained greater importance in fluid management and visualization systems over the years.
Over the past few years, the fluid management and visualization systems market has witnessed a stable growth. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2013 to 2018 to reach $25,908.4 million by 2018. The overall growth in the global fluid management and visualization systems market is largely driven by introductions of cutting-edge technologies in fluid management and visualization systems, and rapid rise in the number of elderly people who are prone to most of the complications related to gastrointestinal, orthopedic, urological and reproductive system as well as cancer. The fluid management and visualization systems are majorly used for endoscopic procedures which account for the maximum share of this market, being increasingly used for the treatment of a number of major disorders such as cancer, obesity, and the gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD). However, globally, there is a shortage of endosurgery specialists (physicians and surgeons) who perform these surgeries. Moreover, the investment costs for fluid management and visualization devices are quite high for most hospitals in the developing countries which restrict the growth of the market to a certain extent.
In this report, the global fluid management and visualization systems market is broadly segmented by product, application, and geography. By product type, the fluid management systems market is divided into three segments—integrated fluid management systems, standalone fluid management systems, and fluid management accessories and consumables. Standalone systems are further classified into suction/evacuation and irrigation systems, insufflators, fluid waste management systems, dialyzers, fluid warming systems, and others. By product type, the visualization systems market is divided into endoscopic cameras, video processors, video converters, camera heads, transmitters and receivers, endoscopic light sources, monitors and display systems, medical grade printers, light cables, and others. Based on applications, the fluid management and visualization systems market is broadly categorized into gastroenterology, laparoscopy, urology, arthroscopy, gynecology/obstetrics, neurology, cardiology bronchoscopy, laryngoscopy, otoscopy, dental surgery, anesthesiology, and advanced wound care. The market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of World (RoW), based on geography. North America is the largest market for fluid management and visualization systems, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. However, the Asian fluid management and visualization systems market is slated to grow at the highest rate over the next five years.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the fluid management and visualization systems market. The report analyzes the fluid management and visualization systems market by product type and by application type across all geographies
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the fluid management and visualization systems market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets by product, functionality, and geography
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the fluid management and visualization systems market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the fluid management and visualization systems market