“Feed acidifiers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3%”
The feed acidifiers market is projected to reach a value of USD 2.05 billion by 2021 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2016 to 2021. The market drivers include ban of feed antibiotics by Europe, advancement in animal feed, and increasing awareness about animal health & feed quality.
“Propionic acid segment is projected to be the largest and fastest-growing segment, by type, from 2016 to 2021”
The use of propionic acid as an acidifier in animal feed is increasing as it substitutes antibiotic growth promoters, which are banned as feed additives in the Europe since 2006. The last two decades have seen a significant increase in the use of propionic acid as a feed additive in animal nutrition as it supports gut health, affects diet pH and its buffering capacity to maintain health and improve the performance of pigs and poultry, and provides other benefits.
“Blend acidifiers, by function, is projected to be the fastest-growing and largest segment from 2016 to 2021”
Blend acidifiers are gaining a substantial position in feed acidifiers as they are highly influential in the increase of feed intake in animals. Blend acidifiers help in improving feed palatability and enhance the feed intake, thus improving weight gain and growth of animals. The impact of blend acidifiers depends on the applied dosage of particular ingredients. However, the results are more prominent for young animals.
“Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing segment from 2016 to 2021”
The demand for feed acidifiers is driven by the increasing demand of natural and organic meat by the customers. Increased awareness among consumers about meat quality and increased meat consumption in the region, high demand for nutritive feed and sustainable animal nutrition products, increased number of livestock, and management of feed operating cost are also driving the Asia-Pacific feed acidifiers market.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region, conducted during the research study, are as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation: Director level – 22%, C Level –28%, and Other levels – 50%
- By Region: North America – 18%, Europe – 25%, Asia-Pacific – 45%, and Latin America – 12%
Major players include:
BASF SE (Germany)
Yara International ASA (Norway)
BIOMIN Holding GmbH (Austria)
Perstorp Holding AB (Sweden)
Kemin Industries, Inc. (Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.)
The other players which also have a strong presence in this market include:
Impextraco NV (Belgium)
Nutrex NV (Belgium)
Novus International(St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.)
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses—industry analysis (industry trends), value chain, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the global feed acidifiers market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraint, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on feed acidifiers offered by the top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the feed acidifiers market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for feed acidifiers across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global feed acidifiers market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global feed acidifiers market.