The global particle size analysis market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2016 to 2021. Although the mature markets such as North America and Europe hold larger shares in particle size analysis market, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the highest CAGR of 5.9%. The growth of the particle size analysis market is primarily triggered by factors such as increasing nanotechnology research and presence of stringent regulatory guidelines to ensure compliance with GMPs. Market consolidation through mergers and acquisitions, and increasing stringency of government regulations related to GMP guidelines in developing countries such as China and India are opening new growth opportunities for players in this market. However, factors such as high import duties on particle size analyzers in developing countries, high cost of analyzers, and the lack of customer awareness are restraining the growth of the particle size analyzers market.
Based on the type of technology, the global particle size analyzers market is categorized into six segments, namely, laser diffraction, dynamic light scattering (DLS), imaging, Coulter principle, nano particle tracking analysis (NTA), and others. Imaging technology is further segmented into dynamic image analysis and static image analysis. The others segment comprises resonant mass measurement, sedimentation, sieve analysis, and laser obscuration.
The laser diffraction technology segment held the largest share of the global particle size analysis market, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period. The increasing number of partnerships among market players to develop their customer base and advancements in laser diffraction particle size analyzers are stimulating the growth of the laser diffraction particle size analysis market.
Geographically, North America commands the largest share of~32.3% of the global particle size analysis market in 2015, followed by Europe. The particle size analysis market in North America is primarily driven by low energy prices, growing number of scientific researches, and the presence of stringent regulatory policies to ensure compliance with GMP guidelines.
The global particle size analysis market is highly competitive, with a large number of global and local players. As of 2015, the global particle size analysis market was dominated by Malvern Instruments Limited (U.K.), HORIBA, Ltd. (Japan), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (U.S.), and Microtrac (U.S.). Product launches, enhancements, and showcases and partnerships, agreements, and collaborations are the major strategies adopted by market players to achieve growth in the particle size analysis market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry trends, market share analysis of top ten players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the particle size analysis market, high-growth regions and countries and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios and services offered by the major 10 players in the particle size analysis market. The report analyzes particle size analysis systems based on the type of modalities and sub segments across geographies
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the particle size analysis market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various particle size analysis systems across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the particle size analysis market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the particle size analysis market