“Silicon photonics market to grow at a high CAGR of 22.1% between 2016 and 2022”
The silicon photonics market is expected to reach USD 1,078.9 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 22.1% between 2016 and 2022. The major reason for the growth of the silicon photonics technology is the increasing demand for high-speed data transfer, data integration, and small factor form in various applications such as data communication, telecommunication, consumer electronics, and so on. The use of silicon photonics technology in active optical cables, transceivers, multiplexers, lasers, and other devices have increased the scope of the silicon photonics market for different applications.
“Active optical cables to hold a large market share”
The demand for silicon photonics technology has increased owing to their various functionalities and day-to-day use in data communication and telecommunication applications for high bandwidth data transmission in small and long networks. For this, the use of active optical cables in these applications is high to provide high-speed data transmission rate of digital information in data centers and networking communication. Also, it fulfills the need for data transfer rate for cloud-based services in the corporate sector. Also, these cables are used in digital signage and other video transmission devices. These factors are likely to propel the growth of the silicon photonics market for active optical cables.
“APAC expected to be the fastest-growing market”
This report covers the said market in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. The high adoption rates of new technologies demand for high bandwidth data transmission in IT infrastructure are some of the important factors that have contributed to the growth of the silicon photonics market in the APAC region.
Breakdown of profile of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 40%, and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C-Level - 35%, Director Level - 25%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, APAC - 20%, Europe - 30%, and RoW - 5%
The key players in the silicon photonics market profiled in this report are Cisco Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Intel Corporation (U.S.), IBM Corporation (U.S.), Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (U.S., Israel), Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), Infinera Corporation (U.S.), Finisar Corporation (U.S.), Luxtera Inc. (U.S.), DAS Photonics (Spain), and Aurrion Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to component, product, application, and geography, along with their respective market size.
- The Porter’s five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the silicon photonics market.
- Major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the growth of the silicon photonics market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the market based on component, product, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the silicon photonics market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.