“Higher computational power drives the High Performance Computing (HPC) market”
The HPC market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.45% during 2015-2020. The emergence of big data has increased the demand for systems that can handle data intensive workload. HPC clusters are systems that can easily handle vast amount of data and extensively support high performance data analysis. The improved data collection technology provides lively images for simulations, medical, life science, video rendering, and such other applications. All these applications require higher processing power and speed for data analysis and results. Better scans, HDTV, multi-layer scans, and enhanced information gathering abilities all adds to the requirement of more CPUs and quicker storage solutions that is delivered through HPC and helps in driving the market.
“The market in Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to witness the highest market growth”
The market in APAC is in the growth phase and is the fastest-growing region for the global HPC market. This is mainly attributed to the growing focus of the market players to address the demands of higher processing power with reliable and quicker response time. On the other hand, Middle East and Africa (MEA) is aiming toward the growth phase while Latin America is still in the introductory phase in terms of adoption of HPC solutions.
“HPC servers to gain maximum market share during the forecast period”
HPC servers market is estimated to contribute the largest market share in terms of components type. Storage, networking devices, and software solutions are also seen with higher prospects in coming years. Moreover, the services market is estimated to have great opportunities and projected to grow at a high CAGR in the next five years.
Breakdown of primary research interactions:
To determine and verify the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people and below are the details:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 (23%), Tier 2 (35%) and Tier 3 (42%)
- By Designation - C-level (30%), Director level (55%) and other executives (15%)
- By Region - North America (65%), Europe (20%), and APAC (15%),
Prominent vendors in the HPC space include AMD, Cray, Cisco Systems, Intel Corporation, SGI, HP, Dell, IBM, Atos SE, and Fujitsu among various others. With the rapid development of new technologies, the new vendors are emerging in the market, especially in the area of cloud computing. Also, the vendors are focusing on providing the HPC solutions converged with big data technologies. This latest trend is gaining significant traction and is growing steadily.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focus on various levels of analysis—industry analysis, analysis of top players, their offered products and services, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the HPC market, high-growth regions, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, will help the firms in garnering a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on products and solutions offered by the top 10 players in the HPC market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development (R&D) activities, and new product launches in the HPC market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyses the markets for HPC across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the HPC market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and capabilities of the leading players in the HPC market.