“Increasing demand for the 3D printing technology in end-use industries is driving the 3D printing materials market”
The 3D printing materials market is estimated to grow from USD 530.1 million in 2016 to USD 1,409.5 million by 2021, at a CAGR of 21.60% between 2016 and 2021.Growth of the 3D printing materials market is largely associated with the increasing demand for 3D printing technology, which are used in various end-use industries such as aerospace & defense, medical & dental, automotive, and consumer goods. 3D printing technology offers various advantages such as design flexibility, cost effectiveness, and less wastage in designing of parts for various end-use industries.
“Aerospace & defense and medical & dental applications to drive the 3D printing materials market during the forecast period”
3D printing, the current revolutionary technology globally is competitively expanding its footprint in different applications. The aerospace & defense applications is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. 3D metal printing is used in aerospace & defense industry for manufacturing complex parts such as jet wings, engine parts, space telescope, metal guns, rocket parts, and others. Companies are constantly introducing new 3D printing materials to cater to the increasing demand of 3D printing. Arcam AB introduced a new 3D printing material named Inconel 718, specifically for aerospace application. Medical & dental is also one of the major applications that use the 3D printing technology. Several medical products such as surgical equipment, prosthetics & implants, orthopedic, dental, and cranio-maxillofacial and tissue-engineered products are manufactured using the 3D printing technology.
“The North American region holds attractive opportunities for the 3D printing materials market”
North America dominated the 3D printing materials market in 2015 globally by both value and volume and the trend is expected to continue in the future. High growth in the aerospace & defense, automotive, and wind energy industries and increasing demand for 3D printing technology, especially from the aerospace& defense industry are expected to drive the 3D printing materials market in the region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted as follows:-
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (50%), Tier 2 (37%), and Tier 3 (13%)
- By Designation: C-level (46%), Director Level (33%), and other (21%)
- By Region: North America (34%), Europe (31%), Asia-Pacific (23%), and RoW (12%)
Various key players profiled in the report are as follows:
- 3D Systems Corporation(U.S.)
- Arcam AB(Sweden)
- Arkema S.A.(France)
- Royal DSM N.V. (Netherlands)
- ExOne GmbH(Germany)
- Stratasys Ltd.(U.S.)
- CRP Group(Italy)
- Envision TEC GmbH (Germany)
- EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems (Germany)
- LPW Technology Ltd. (U.K.)
Reasons to buy the report:
- The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the 3D printing materials market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, exhibitions, and mergers & acquisitions.