“Increasing environmental concerns and stricter government regulations along with new drilling technologies are expected to drive the drilling waste management market at a CAGR of 6.0%”
The drilling waste management market is estimated to be USD 3.80 billion in 2015, and is expected reach a market size of USD 5.08 billion by 2020. The market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2015 to 2020. Decrease in oil & gas production in shallow water basins, untapped potential for large hydrocarbon reserves in deep-water, improvement in technology, and stringent governmental regulations are major drivers for the growth of the drilling waste management market. Ongoing discoveries of deepwater hydrocarbon reserves create several opportunities for the oil & gas producers as well as service providers along with the value chain, which are also supporting the growth of the market.
“Offshore application type is expected to witness the highest growth in the drilling waste management market”
The offshore market segment is the next major application after the onshore market segment in the drilling waste management market in 2015, and is expected to be the highest growing application during the forecast period. Regulations for disposal and treatment of drilling wastes are much more stringent for offshore installations compared with onshore ones. Equipment for managing drilling wastes at location is more costly, whereas stricter rules for discharge into the sea make it mandatory to transport waste to onshore facilities for processing, which further increases handling costs.
“Europe is expected to lead the global drilling waste management market in terms of growth rate”
Among all the regions, Europe has taken the lead with the fastest growth rate followed by North America and Africa, respectively. Stringent environmental regulations, such as zero-discharge policy in the offshore region, and heavy penalties for violation of the regulations have given a push to the market. The slump in global crude oil prices, which started in the latter half of 2014 and deepened in 2015, took its toll on the drilling waste management market, with huge spending cuts on new drilling projects implemented by all leading exploration and production companies. The market for drilling waste management is expected to grow at a moderate pace during the forecast period as global crude oil prices are expected to post a slow but steady recovery during the second half of 2016 and beyond during the forecast period.
The data have been collected through several primary and secondary sources. A comprehensive discussion guide was sent to several experts in the field of drilling waste management and offshore exploration & production services experts for the verification of the market findings.
- By Company Type: Tier 1—39%, Tier 2—15%, and Tier 3—46%.
- By Designation: Director level—8%, C level—23%, and Engineer level—69%
- By Region: Americas—7%, Europe—8%, APAC—54%, and Middle East & Africa—31%
Schlumberger Ltd. (U.S.), National Oil well Varco (U.S.), Halliburton Co. (U.S.), Secure Energy Services, Inc. (Canada), Scomi Group Bhd (Malaysia), Kosun (China), TWMA (U.K.), Ridgeline Energy Services (Canada), Soli-Bond, Inc. (U.S.), Newalta (Canada), and others.
Reasons to buy the report: From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends, and Porter’s analysis), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, usage patterns, emerging- and high-growth segments of the drilling waste management market, high-growth countries and drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market, share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Product Analysis and Development: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the drilling waste management market. Usage pattern/penetration rate (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise) and purchasing data.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the drilling waste management market across geographies, exploit new distribution channels, and new clientele base.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments decisions in the drilling waste management market. Detailed description regarding the related and unrelated diversification pertaining to this market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, company share analysis of the key players forecasted till 2020. Develop business strategies and manufacturing capabilities of leading players enhance the bottom line of the companies in the drilling waste management market.
- Product/Brand Perception Analysis: Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) checking the virility and tonality of blogs.