This report provides an authoritative analysis and five year forecast of key economic indicators, assessing their influence on demand and impact on the consumer economy. The report looks at GDP, interest rates, unemployment, disposable income, inflation, the housing market, consumer confidence and savings ratio, providing a comprehensive assessment of the economy and its impact on retail.
- Insight into key economic indicators - such as GDP, interest rates, unemployment and inflation
- Analyst insight provides an overview of key economic factors and how this will impact on retail growth
- Economic forecasts to 2014 will help identify the shape of the economic recovery
Interest rates remain low, putting less pressure on consumer finances and providing some breathing space. Even over five years interest rates will remain at relatively low levels.
Unemployment yet to peak. Spending cuts will impact employment particularly in the public sector. Employers will delay taking on more staff until they are confident of the recovery.
Consumer confidence slowly improving. The overall trend is one of improving consumer confidence though this will be dampened by government spending cuts.
Reasons to Purchase
- Identify the key economic drivers and how these will impact retail sales growth
- Use analyst insight and commentary to identify the main threats and opportunities over the next five years
- Enhance your understanding of key issues, trends, and dynamics in the market, to support long term planning