“Demand for lightweight materials for transmission systems and consumer preference for smooth gear shifting has driven the demand for automotive transmissions.”
The automotive transmission market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 5.89% from 2016 to 2021 to reach a market size of USD 196.20 billion by 2021. Growing demand for lightweight materials for transmission systems and consumer preference for enhanced driving experience and smooth gear shifting has driven the demand for automotive transmissions. The latest transmission systems, such as DCT and CVT have a higher cost of installation as compared to conventional transmission systems which is one of the major restraints for the manufacturers.
“Passenger car segment is the fastest growing market”
The passenger car segment is the fastest growing segment with the highest CAGR among all the segments considered under the vehicle type segmentation. Passenger cars also constitute the largest segment of the automotive transmission market. The high growth of the passenger car segment can be attributed to the increased demand in developing countries and rise in the income levels of the citizens in the developing nations. The increasing global population along with increased standard of living is further expected to increase the demand for passenger cars. Hence, the automotive transmission market is expected to increase globally.
“Asia-Pacific dominates the automotive transmission market at the global level”
In the current scenario, the Asia-Pacific is the largest market globally for automotive transmissions followed by North America. The growing demand for lightweight materials and the preference of major auto industry players of Asia-Pacific region to seek partnerships with domestic players are the major factors contributing towards the positive development of the automotive transmission market in this region. India and China are emerging as the fastest growing economies. Thus, many OEMs are being lured to open their production facilities in this region. Thus, Asia-Pacific has become the largest market for automotive transmissions.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from material suppliers to Tier-1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I- 42%, Tier II- 26% and OEMs- 32%,
- By Designation: C Level- 42%, D Level- 26% and Others- 32%
- By Region: North America- 38%, Europe- 22%, Asia-Oceania- 30% and ROW— 10%,
Players’profiled in the report are:
- Aisen Seiki Company ltd. (Japan)
- ZF TRW (Germany)
- Borgwarner Inc. (U.S.)
- Continental AG (Germany)
- Magna International Inc. (Getrag) (U.S.)
- Eaton Plc. (Republic of Ireland)
- Jatco Ltd. (Nissan) (Japan)
- Allison Transmission Inc. (U.S.)
- GKN PLC. (U.K.)
- Schaeffler AG (Germany)
The report provides a picture of the automotive transmission systems market. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments such as vehicle type, electric vehicle type, two wheelers, transmission type, fuel type, number of forward gears, and regions. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report
This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis, industry trends, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high-growth segments of the automotive transmission market, competitive landscape, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report enables new entrants/smaller firms as well as established firms to understand the market better, thereby helping them to acquire a larger market share.
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about key markets. The report analyzes the market for automotive transmission market across regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights into R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the global automotive transmission market.
- Market Diversification: Detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the global automotive transmission market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the market.