In this report, the global metabolomics market is segmented based on techniques, applications, indications, and geography. Based on techniques, the metabolomics market is classified into Gas Chromatography, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR), Mass Spectrometry (MS), and Surface-based Mass Analysis. The application market covers biomarker discovery, drug discovery/drug assessment, toxicology testing, nutrigenomics, and others. This report also discusses the key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global metabolomics market and its sub-markets.
The global metabolomics market is expected to grow at a strong CAGR during the forecast period of 2014 to 2019 and is estimated to be worth $2,100 million by 2019. The market is mainly driven by the increasing research funding for metabolomics from governments and private investors, growing demand for personalized medicine in the U.S. and Europe, and the increasing need for toxicology testing. However, low adoption rates and data complexity inhibit the growth of the market to a certain extent.
During the forecast period, the high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) segment will continue to drive and dominate the metabolomics market. The large share of the HPLC segment can be attributed to its wide application in biomarker discovery. By 2018, North America will continue to drive and dominate the metabolomics market, primarily due to the presence of major metabolomics companies in the U.S. Majority of the growth in the Asia-Pacific region is primarily driven by the growing pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries in this region. Developing technologies in Japan and China for drug discovery and early diagnosis of various diseases are expected to aid the growth of the APAC metabolomics market.
The major players in the metabolomics market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Waters Corporation (U.S.), Agilent Technologies (U.S.), Metabolon, Inc. (U.S.), Shimadzu Corporation (Japan), Bruker Corporation (U.S.), and Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (Austria). Collectively, the top five players accounted for nearly 75% of the global metabolomics market in 2013.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.) and Danaher Corporation (U.S.) are the leading players in the market which together accounted for a share of around 40% to 45% in 2013. Thermo Fisher Scientific has a diversified product portfolio, which includes a wide range of analytical products, including liquid chromatography and gas chromatography systems. The company has a strong presence in over 150 countries through its strong manufacturing and distribution facilities, which enables it to cater to a large customer base across the globe. It focuses on strengthening and streamlining its product portfolio for the metabolomics market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market which in turn would help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing this report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies (Market Penetration, Product Development/Innovation, Market Development, Market Diversification, and Competitive Assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the metabolomics market. The report analyzes the metabolomics market by technique, application, and indication across all regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the metabolomics market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by technique, application, indication, and geography.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the metabolomics market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the metabolomics market.