“Surfactants market projected to register a CAGR of 5.4%”
The market size of surfactants is expected to reach USD39.86 billion by 2021, registering a CAGR of 5.4% between 2016 and 2021. The growth of the surfactants market is primarily triggered by the rising demand from the personal care and detergents segments. The market growth is also attributed to the increasing use of surfactants in several other applications. India and China are noteworthy markets as these are two of the largest markets for surfactants in the world. Stringent regulations against the use of synthetic surfactants restrict the growth of the overall surfactants market, as synthetic surfactants account for the major share. Although the market players are gradually shifting to green and bio-based surfactants, the share of synthetic surfactants in the market is still high.
“Bio-based surfactants segment is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period”
The bio-based surfactants segment is expected to witness high growth in the overall surfactants market during the forecast period owing to their increasing consumption in various end-use products such as shampoos, soaps, detergents, skin care products, ointments, and others. This increasing demand is also favored by the rising awareness among the consumers for eco-friendly and non-toxic products.
“Non-ionic surfactants to register the highest growth rate in the surfactants market”
Surfactants are widely used in various end-use products such as baby care products, face washes, conditioners, cleaners, and many similar personal care and industrial products. The demand for non-ionic surfactants is growing rapidly due to the benefits that they offer such as non-sensitivity to water and higher flexibility during synthesis. The non-ionic surfactants developed in recent years are suitable for a wide range of applications in many end-use industries such as textiles, detergents, personal care, health care, vehicle care, food & beverage, industrial & institutional cleaning, and others.
“Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period”
Asia-Pacific is the largest and the fastest-growing market for surfactants. The growth in economy, coupled with the increased demand from the retail industry, drives the market of surfactants in the region. Chemical industries are witnessing high growth in developing nations such as India and China in this region, leading to the increased demand for surfactants.
Breakdown of profile of primary interviews for the report
- By Company Type – Tier 1– 20%, Tier 2– 40%, and Tier 3– 40%
- By Designation – C Level– 40%, Director Level–20%, and Others– 40%
- By Region – North America– 14%, Europe– 14%, Asia-Pacific– 29%, Middle East & Africa – 29% and South America– 14%
Some of the key companies profiled in this report are Akzo Nobel N.V. (Netherlands), Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), Clariant AG (Switzerland), and E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), among others.
The report segments the surfactants market on the basis of type, substrate, application, and region. The major types covered in the report are anionic, cationic, non-ionic, and amphoteric. The applications include detergents, personal care, textile, industrial & institutional cleaning, elastomers & plastics, oilfield chemicals, crop protection, and food & beverage. The substrates covered in this study include synthetic and bio-based. The market is also segmented on the basis of regions, namely, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the surfactants market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on surfactants offered by the top players in the global surfactants market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the surfactants market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets –the report analyzes the markets for surfactants across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global surfactants market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the surfactants market