Datamonitor's Gas and Power Capacity Forecast contains supply and demand outlooks for 32 states (EU27+ Russia, Norway, Croatia, Switzerland and Algeria) to 2030, on a year by year basis to 2015. The forecasts are based upon a regression analysis of demand against economic and demographic trends, combined with a qualitative assessment of regulatory and political drivers.
- Country specific forecasts of gas and power fundamentals up to 2030, based upon sophisticated econometric analysis and regulatory review
- The power forecast includes a breakdown of the generation mix, according to legislative drivers, existing capacity phase out & planned new generation
- The gas forecast contains a summary of supply sources, based upon historical trade patterns, projected output and new pipelines
- The gas forecast also contains a projection of the states' gas production to 2030
Europe's energy outlook is not as dire as has been portrayed in the mainstream media. Although collective reliance on external gas supplies will certainly increase to unprecedented levels, improved interconnections within Europe and continuing advances in energy efficiency suggest security of supply is reasonably well assured.
Ironically, the recession may actually have been the critical factor in securing European energy security of supply. First, the collapse in industrial production has eased bottlenecks in the short term. Second, the EU's fiscal stimulus package in response to the downturn has brought investment in internal connections.
However, whilst the recession may have provided a stay of execution, dangers persist. In particular, it appears that the period between 2016 2020 will see problems emerge. Nuclear and Coal fired generation will be retired before substantial new baseload capacity is ready. This places heavy requirements on gas just global LNG supply growth slows.
Reasons to Purchase
- Use this forecast as a reference tool for estimating future demand, supply, generation mix and capacity constraints in gas and power across Europe
- Identify growth markets and opportunities for investment according to states' long term fundamentals outlook and states' individual energy policies