“Epoxy resin market projected to register CAGR of 5.77% during forecast period”
The global epoxy resin market is projected to reach USD 8.77 billion by 2021, registering a CAGR of 5.77% between 2016 and 2021. The market is witnessing a moderate growth rate owing to increasing applications, technological advancements, and growing demand in Asia-Pacific. Epoxy resin is largely used in paints & coatings applications.
“Epoxy resin market in composites to register the highest growth between 2016 and 2021”
The epoxy resin market in the composites application segment is projected to witness the highest growth in. Economic expansion in the developing countries of Asia-Pacific will raise demand for composites insulation in both building construction and automotive industries.
“Asia-Pacific: The largest market for epoxy resin”
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for epoxy resin, both in terms of volume and value. It is followed by North America and Western Europe. China, the U.S., and Germany are the largest producers of epoxy resins in these regions. The building & construction is the largest consumer of epoxy resins materials in Asia-Pacific. China and Japan have the largest share in the Asia-Pacific epoxy resin market.
The market size presented in this study has been validated through primaries interviews conducted with various industry experts worldwide. These primary sources have been divided into three categories on the basis of company type, designation, and region
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 40%, Tier 2- 25%, and Tier 3- 35%
- By Designation- C Level- 35%, D Level- 25%, and Others- 40%
- By Region- Asia-Pacific - 50%, North America - 11%, Western Europe - 36%, Central & Eastern Europe - 1%, Middle East & Africa - 1% and South America -1%
Companies profiled in the report
- Olin Corporation (U.S.),
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation (Taiwan)
- Huntsman Corporation (U.S.)
- Hexion Inc. (U.S.)
- Kukdo Chemical Co. Ltd. (South Korea).
- Chang Chung Plastics Co. Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Aditya Birla Chemicals (Thailand)
- The 3M Company (U.S.)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Sinopec Corporation (China)