This analysis evaluates the company’s strategy and key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and provides an overview of the company’s biosimilars portfolio, including analysis of key product profiles, examining key drivers and resistors to development, market sizing, specifics of development such as clinical trials (where available) for each key biosimilar molecule in development.
Features and benefits
- Strategic insight into the key strategies that have shaped the company's progress and/or will define its outlook going forward.
- Provides an indication of how biosimilars fit into the wider company context, and a history of deals & alliances.
Biocon's aspirations of expanding from its strong position in the Indian diabetes market were dashed when Pfizer pulled out of an insulin biosimilars deal in March 2012. It remains to be seen to what extent Biocon can continue development alone, or whether a replacement partner will be secured.
Your key questions answered
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of biosimilar strategies on a case study basis.
- Understand how deals and alliances can shape a company’s capabilities in biosimilars.
- Profile leading biosimilars players across a wide cross-section of geographies