“Increasing eLearning in the corporate and academic setups and widespread government initiatives is driving the smart education and learning market”
The smart education and learning market size is estimated to grow from USD 193.24 billion in 2016 to USD 586.04 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 24.84%. Boost in the connectivity of handheld devices, increased collaboration between hardware vendors and educational content providers, increasing significance of eLearning in the corporate and academic setups, technological advancements, and widespread government initiatives in the growing market are some of the driving factors of the smart education and learning market. However, lack of knowledge and expertise among end users and lack of resources and infrastructure in developing markets are some of the restraining factors that may hamper business critical functions in smart education and learning market.
“Learning Management Systems (LMS) market is expected to hold the largest market share in the smart education and learning market during the forecast period”
Based on the learning software market, the LMS market is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period. This is because of the features and benefits associated with it such as course content management, reporting and assessment, feedback management, video and audio-based content management, and user management.
“Corporate user segment is expected to hold the largest market share and projected to grow at the highest CAGR in the smart education and learning market during the forecast period”
The corporate user segment is expected to grow at the highest rate as well as to have the largest market share during the forecast period because corporate organizations seeks for solutions that help them in providing training to their employees in efficient and effective manner.
“APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
With the widespread initiatives taken up by the government in the region and huge technological advancements and adoption, APAC is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR in the smart education and learning market during the forecast period. North America is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period due to the increase in adoption of tablets and smart phones by users for academic and business purposes.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with the key people. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company: Tier 1: 24%, Tier 2: 41%, and Tier 3: 35%
- By Designation: C level: 43%, Director level: 29%, and Others: 28%
- By Region: North America: 29%, APAC: 57%, MEA: 14%
The various key vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
- Adobe Systems
- Blackboard, Inc.
- Educomp Solutions Ltd.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- McGraw-Hill Education
- NIIT Limited
- Pearson PLC
- Desire2Learn Corporation Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd.
- SumTotal Systems
- Smart Technologies
- Ellucian Company LP
- Tata Interactive System
- Promethean, Inc.
- Saba Software, Inc.
The smart education and learning market has been segmented based on hardware, software, services, educational content, learning mode, user, and region. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overview, products &services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, collaborations, expansions, and competitive landscape associated with the smart education and learning market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the smart education and learning market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitive ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.