European Energy Efficiency Policy Handbook, 2010: Policy Measures Driving Energy Efficient Practices
GlobalData, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research “European Energy Efficiency Policy Handbook, 2010:Policy Measures Driving Energy Efficient Practices” study, which is an offering from the company’s Energy Research Group, provides in-depth analysis of the energy efficiency policies by sector, financial instruments used for energy efficiency framework and market based instruments driving energy efficiency initiatives. The report suggests investment decisions in energy efficiency projects, solutions and appliances by providing trends and information on energy efficiency policy framework in Europe. The research discusses about some of the driving forces for the energy efficiency policy implementation.
The study provides detailed analysis of energy consumption by residential, tertiary, industrial and transportation and sectors and need for implementation of energy efficiency measures in these sectors. The report includes information on energy efficiency initiatives and legislative framework, which is driving the energy efficient appliance market in Europe. The report discusses in detail about various financial instruments such as tax reforms, subsidies and preferential loans for development of energy efficient technologies and usage of energy efficient appliances and solutions. The report encompasses the product categories, which will be affected by energy efficiency policies. The report details about the role of public sector in energy efficiency measures. The report also analysis the impact of market instruments on energy efficiency policies. The report is built using the data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
As per the energy end use efficiency and energy services directive (ESD 2006/32/EC), the Member States should set an indicative 9% reduction in end-use energy consumption by 2016. The energy savings are achieved by providing mechanisms, suggests incentives and institutional, financial and legal frameworks. The ESD not only promotes energy efficiency, but also aids in security of energy supplies. Energy efficiency is one the easiest methods of curbing carbon emissions and current technologies can offer energy savings of up to 30%. The existing policy measures and initiatives in energy efficiency could cut approximately 20% emissions. The ESD provides various articles and clauses for improving efficiency by industrial, tertiary and residential sectors. The framework provides the list of equipment, appliance and solution eligible for energy efficiency measures. The directive also provides guidelines for measurement of energy efficiency measures so that the energy savings achieved are harmonized across all the Member States.
The report provides detailed analysis on European Energy Efficiency policy initiatives. Its scope includes:
- This report helps to assess the impacts of the energy efficiency policies in different countries in Europe.
- Get insights into the possible energy policy future and outcomes which helps in identifying a market potential.
- This report helps building equipment, HVAC, lighting, automotive equipment and boilers suppliers in identifying potential markets and navigating the policy landscape across countries in Europe.
- The report discusses in detail about the energy efficiency measures by industrial, residential, tertiary and transportation sectors by country.
- Key data and information about the European energy efficiency policies and drivers for energy efficiency projects.
- Analysis of various energy efficiency techniques.
- Assessment of key regulations and policies and their impact on the growth of energy efficient appliance market.
- The report analysis the financial instruments such as tax reforms, subsidies, loans and other types of incentives.
- The report details about market based instruments such as certificates driving the energy efficiency appliance market.
- The report also assesses the role of public sector in deployment of energy efficiency measures.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner:
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about policy decisions being taken on energy efficiency by different countries across Europe.
- Identify opportunities and challenges in exploiting the energy efficient products market in Europe.
- Understand the market positioning of each of the energy consuming equipments in correlation with energy efficient policies
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of insights on the future opportunities and critical success factors in the Europe for energy efficient products.
- Benchmark your operations and strategies against the major players in the renewable energy sector
- Be ahead of competition by keeping yourself abreast of all the latest policy changes on energy efficiency in Europe.
- Plan your investments to minimize the impact of energy efficiency policies.
- Plan your product development in order to capitalize in growing energy efficient appliance market.
- Identify the most suitable geography to invest in energy efficient appliance market.
- Target the most suitable geography for energy efficient appliances based on the policies and gain incentives.
- Develop custom strategies for different geographies based on the stringency of the energy efficiency policy in the respective geography.
- Navigate the energy efficiency policy through detailed analysis of the current energy efficiency appliance market dynamics and potential changes.
- Identify the most promising geography to invest in the energy efficient products and solutions in energy consuming sectors to minimize carbon taxes.