Psoriasis – Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2015
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist’s new report, “Psoriasis – Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2015” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global psoriasis market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the dynamism in the global psoriasis market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global psoriasis sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the psoriasis market to be worth $2.4 billion in 2008 with projected CAGR of 7.3% and projected market value to exceed $4.1 billion in 2015. The psoriasis disease market is forecast to show high growth. This growth will be driven or supported by the increased prescription rate and uptake of biologics, more emerging therapies and diverse treatment options that will be available for patients in the near future. Barriers for the psoriasis market exist in terms of low diagnosis rate. The psoriasis market has relatively high unmet need largely driven by the poor safety profile of existing products.
GlobalData found that there are over 125 molecules in various stages of the pipeline. Voclosporin, ABT-874, CF-10 are some of the late stage pipeline molecules. Orencia, Cimzia, Apremilast and INCB18424 are some of the promising therapies in the Phase II stage of the pipeline. These pipeline molecules differ in their target of action from the existing therapies. Patient perception of disease severity drives treatment-seeking behavior in the psoriasis market. New therapeutic options targeting specific mechanisms are set to reshape the psoriasis therapy. However, the current biologics have not undermined first-line topical therapy and hence there exists intensified competition between the current therapeutics and the emerging therapies. The pipeline has seen an increase in the development of emerging therapies like biologics as they have the ability to change the natural course of the disease. Emerging therapies have gained a positive perception among physicians in the maintenance of remission. There is likely to be a tremendous increase in the prescription of biologics due to increased awareness and also promising safety and efficacy results of promising therapies. The emerging therapies are likely to crowd the market and there is the possibility of price war.
GlobalData found that the current competition in the psoriasis market is becoming intense due to the increased entry of biologics. It projects that Immunex Corporation, Abbott laboratories. Biogen Idec and Centocor will remain the leading competitiors of the global psoriasis biologics market. Compared to other autoimmune disease markets, this market has witnessed a greater entry of biologics. Though only a small segment of people tend to use biologics, their launch has increased competition in the psoriasis disease market. Amgen and Wyeth’s Enbrel is the market leader in the psoriasis disease market. It is followed by Abbott’s Humira, Leo Pharma and Warner Chiclott’s Dovonex, Centocor’s Remicade, Genentech’s Raptiva, Novartis’s Neoral (generic), followed by Allergan’s Tazorac, Biogen Idec’s Fumaderm and Biogen Idec and Astellas Pharma’s Amevive.
Scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global psoriasis market revenues data from 2000 to 2008, forecast forward for 7 years to 2015.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include TNF-alpha inhibitors, interleukin inhibitors, vitamin D3 analogues, topical corticosteroids, enzyme inhibitors, immunomodulatory drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs, T cell modulators and ion channel modulators.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global psoriasis market. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of what the implications on sectors are, and how are companies responding to these trends.
- Insightful review of the future market players, key industry drivers, restraints and challenges which are likely to impact the psoriasis therapeutics market in the long run. Key future market players covered are Isotechnika, Can-Fite Biopharma, UCB, Celgene Corporation, Incyte, Glaxosmithkline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Leo Pharma, Novartis and Abbott Laboratories.
- Key topics covered include promising drugs in the pipeline, strategic competitor assessment, market psoriasis.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global psoriasis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global psoriasis market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global psoriasis market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.