“The growing integration of touchscreens in automobiles would drive the touchscreen controller market”
The touchscreen controller market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.2% between 2016 and 2022 to reach USD 9.11 billion by 2022. The touchscreen controller market is driven by factors such as the trends of touchscreen infotainment systems, and touch-based control panels in commercial and non-commercial vehicle. Moreover, the increasing demand for touchscreen in wearable devices and growing demand for capacitive touchscreen controllers owing to the benefits they offer would further drive the market.
“Capacitive technology to witness maximum growth during the forecast period”
One of the major application of capacitive touchscreen as well as controller are found in various devices in consumer electronics applications such as smart phones, tablets, laptops, wearable devices, and others. Besides, capacitive touchscreen controllers are durable, more reliable, and provide better operation through its multiple functionalities than resistive touch controllers. Smart phones and tablets are the largest application area for capacitive touchscreen controllers and are expected to further drive the market at the highest rate.
“Asia-Pacific to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The presence of a number of leading consumer electronics manufacturers such as Sony Corp. (Japan), Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. (South Korea), and Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (China) among others in the region is one of the key factors driving the APAC market for touchscreen controllers. Furthermore, along with the rapid industrialization in this region, the growth in the production of commercial as well as non-commercial vehicles with touch infotainment systems and touch control panels is also expected to drive the touchscreen controller market.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments obtained through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key opinion leaders.
The break-up of the profile of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 32%, and Tier 3 – 43%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 53%, Managers– 26%, Others – 21%
- By Region: North America – 45%, Europe – 27%, APAC – 20%, RoW – 8%
One of the significant opportunities in the future for touchscreens and touch controllers is its application in the banking and educational sector. In the banking sector, touch screen have become a trend in the automated teller machine (ATM), digital signage kiosk, and money transfer terminals. Banks prefer using touch screens in these machines because of their easy and user-friendly handling of touch-based technology. On the other hand, in the educational and training sector, traditional white boards are being replaced by the touch-enabled e-board; whereas notebooks, textbooks are being replaced by e-books and tablets in many countries in major regions such as Americas, Europe, and APAC.
The major players in thetouchscreen controller market include Microchip Technology Incorporated (U.S.), Synaptics Incorporated (U.S.), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), Texas Instruments Inc. (U.S.), Broadcom Limited (U.S.), Analog Devices Inc. (U.S.), Melfas Incorporated (Korea), Elan Microelectronics Corp. (Taiwan), NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Netherlands), Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (U.S.), and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (South Korea),among others.
The objectives of the study:
- To define, describe, and forecast the global touchscreen controller market on the basis of technology, Interface, touchscreen technologies, screen size, applications, and geography
- To forecast the market size, in terms of value, for various segments with respect to four main regions (along with their respective countries), namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the touchscreen controller market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, industry-specific challenges, Porter’s five force analysis, and value chain analysis)
- To strategically analyze the micro markets with respect to the individual growth trends, future prospects, and contribution to the total market
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies along with detailing the competitive landscape for the market leaders
- To analyze various competitive developments such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, expansions, and research & development, in the touchscreen controller market
- Associations and industrial bodies
- End-user industries
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Raw chemical suppliers and distributors
- Research institutes and organizations
- Touchscreen controller manufacturers
- Touchscreen controller traders/suppliers
- Touch screen manufacturers
The study answers several questions for the target audiences, primarily, which market segments to focus on in the next two to five years for prioritizing efforts and investments.
In this report, the touchscreen controller market has been segmented on the basis of the following categories, along with the industry trends:
- I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit)
- Serial Peripheral Interface
- USB (Universal Serial Bus)
- UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter)
- HID over USB
By Touchscreen Technology:
- Single-touch Technology
- Multi-touch Technology
By Screen Size:
- Consumer Electronics
- Smart Phones
- Laptops & PCs
- Smart Home
- Wearable Devices
- Gaming Devices
- Point of Sale
- Education & Training
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- South America
- Middle East