TechNavio’s analysts forecast the Smart Card market in Japan to grow at a CAGR of 18.8 percent over the period 2011–2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the growth in adoption in NFC technology. The Smart Card market in Japan has also been witnessing convergence of applications onto a single form factor. However, lack of interoperability of smart cards could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
TechNavio’s report, the Smart Card Market in Japan 2011–2015, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report focuses on Japan and it also covers the Smart Card market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Key vendors dominating this market space include Toshiba Corporation, Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Samsung Electronics.
Key questions answered in this report
- What will the market size be in 2015 and at what rate will it grow?
- What key trends is this market subject to?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the opportunities and threats faced by each of these key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each of these key vendors?