Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global PCOS market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global PCOS market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global PCOS sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global PCOS therapeutics market was valued at $656m in 2010, and is expected to grow at a static Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.6% over the next eight years, to reach $804m by 2018. The growing treated population which is mainly due to expanding prevalence of co-morbid conditions such as diabetes, obesity and dyslipidemia will drive steady growth in PCOS therapeutics market. Although treated patients are increasing but the market is showing static growth because of the unavailability of FDA approved and presence of off-label and generic products for treatment which are having lower patient satisfaction due to lower efficacy profiles since these products can not treat all the conditions such as hyperandrogenism, infertility, hyperglycemia and hirsutism, associated with PCOS. So still a huge unmet need exists in the management of treatment pattern with the help of more efficacious products which can cure all the conditions. In the pipeline of PCOS, majority of the participants are institutions or universities. Company participation is very low because most of the drugs which are under trial are generics and already being used for this indication either alone or in combination. Therefore current pipeline products are not going to impact the market significantly.
Note: This is a on-demand report and will be delivered within 3 business days of the purchase (excluding weekends).
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the PCOS market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) PCOS market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for eight years to 2018.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Antiplatelate action, Ovulation inducer, Hypoglycemic, Antiandrogen, Progesterone derivative, Oral contraceptives, Antiobesity drugs and others.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global PCOS market. Key market player covered is Reliance Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the PCOS therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in PCOS market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PCOS market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global PCOS market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global PCOS market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.