“Growing demand for chemically treated quality water from various end-use industries and comprehensive cost savings driving the market”
The global water treatment chemicals market is projected to reach USD 24.94 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 4.53% between 2015 and 2020. The U.S., Canada, China, India, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia are the major water treatment chemicals markets in the world. Rising demand from end-use industries for quality water supply and extensive cost savings due to low prices of the chemicals involved are majorly driving the water treatment chemicals market, globally.
“Oil & gas application – Fastest-growing application segment for water treatment chemicals”
Oil & gas is a major industry for the water treatment chemicals market and is growing at the highest rate. In the emerging as well as developed economies such as China. India, U.S., Canada, Venezuela, Mexico, and the GCC countries, the scope for oil & gas production and processing is huge and continuously growing. Newly found oil & gas fields in Brazil, oil reserves in Venezuela, shale oil reserves in China and India, and also oil & gas reserves in Africa will further drive the market for water treatment chemicals in the oil & gas industry.
“Asia-Pacific - The fastest-growing market for water treatment chemicals”
Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing market for water treatment chemicals, in terms of value and volume. Growing number of automotive, increasing population, rapid urbanization, increasing scope of oil & gas exploration and production, and availability of low-cost labor and affordable raw material prices in the region are responsible for the high growth of the market.
China dominates the water treatment chemicals market in the Asia-Pacific region. Its consumption of water treatment chemicals has grown significantly and is expected to witness further growth in the near future. The high growth of water treatment chemicals market in China is a result of the growing population, oil & gas, refining, power, and mining industries.
The market size of water treatment chemicals estimated in this study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided in three categories: by company type; by designation; and by region.
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%. Others – 5%
The report also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major market players such GE Water & Process Technologies (U.S.), Ashland Inc. (U.S.), Kemira Oyj (Finland), Ecolab (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Akzonobel N.V. (Netherlands), and BASF SE (Germany).
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the water treatment chemicals market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on galley equipment offered by the top players in the global water treatment chemicals market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the water treatment chemicals market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for water treatment chemicals across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global water treatment chemicals market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global water treatment chemicals market