Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global GBM market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global GBM market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global GBM sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global GBM therapeutics market was valued at $370m in 2010, and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% to reach $449m by 2018. This low growth rate is primarily attributed to the patent expiry of Temodal/Temodar (temozolomide, TMZ) in Europe in 2009 and in the US in 2014. The entry of low cost generics in Europe in 2010 has led to a decrease in the market valuation. TMZ has been an established standard of care for newly diagnosed GBM patients since its approval in 2005 and has led to a considerable increase in the number of patients on chemotherapy. In addition, the late stage pipeline products including Avastin (bevacizumab), enzastaurin and cilengitide for GBM are not expected to significantly drive the market upon their launch as the clinical trial results have not shown a significant increase in survival rate.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the GBM market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) GBM market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for eight years to 2018.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as angiogenic inhibitors, VEGF inhibitors, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, gene therapy, anti-mitotic agents, stem cell therapy.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global GBM market. Key market players covered are Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck, Eli Lilly, Ark Therapeutics and Antisense Pharma.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the GBM therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in GBM market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global GBM market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global GBM market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global GBM market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.