This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the UK commercial motor insurance market. It provides market data on the two main segments of the commercial motor market. The report includes insight into market sizing and profitability, key insurers in the market as well as current and future trends.
Features and benefits
* Gain insight into the size of the commercial motor insurance market
* Discover the profitability of the top 10 insurers benchmarked against the market average
* Summarizes the market activity of the top commercial motor insurers in the UK and breaks down their GWP in terms of fleet and commercial vehicle cover
* In depth analysis of leading indicators using data from a variety of credible sources
Conditions in the commercial motor insurance market remained difficult in 2010. The market did achieve an increase in GWP for the first increase since 2008. Profitability in the market decreased as the cost of claims increased in 2010
The composition of the top 10 insurers has not changed since 2009, however there has been a change in rankings among these insurers. The market is still dominated by the top 10 insurers, which lends itself to larger rate increases.
Forecasts show that the market will not return to profitability before 2013 as competition in the market remains high and rate increases have not been sufficient.
Your key questions answered
* How has the market size and profitability in the UK Commercial Motor Insurance marketplace changed in 2010?
* What is the current market competitive landscape and how has it changed in 2010?
* What will be the factors affecting the commercial motor marketplace going forward and when will it return to profitability?
* Provides forecasts up to 2015 for both GWP and profitability in the market