The purpose of this global strategic report is to prepare executives of stem cell product companies, stem cell therapy companies, and stem cell industry investors, with the knowledge necessary to make informed, educated decisions about opportunities for commercialization within the rapidly-evolving mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) marketplace.
It is produced for:
- Management of Stem Cell Product Companies
- Management of Stem Cell Therapy Companies
- Stem Cell Industry Investors
It is designed to increase efficiency and effectiveness in:
- Commercializing MSC research products, technologies, and cell-based therapies
- Making intelligent MSC investment decisions
- Launching high-demand MSC products
- Capitalizing on new and emerging MSC industry trends
- Dominating market share within the MSC marketplace
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses relative to the competition
Because mesenchymal stem cell researchers represent a rapidly growing, well-funded research community, this report presents strategies that research supply companies can use to develop product lines that will be of high value to the research community. It also presents valuable content for cellular therapy companies, both quantifying and qualifying the market for MSC based therapeutics and related clinical applications. Thirdly, it is important for pharmaceutical companies to understand underlying market forces and to assess areas of MSC research progress as opportunities for drug and therapy development, including how advances in MSC research can reveal potential new drug targets, improve methods of drug delivery, and provide personalized treatment strategies.
As such, this global strategic report explores topics of interest to three types of industry participants: Research supply companies, cell therapy companies, and drug development companies.
Because it is vital to assess trends that are occurring within the MSC market, the report also considers a range of important trend data for the MSC market, including trend rate data for MSC clinical trials, patents, grants, scientific publications, and more. Additionally, it considers the driving force for mergers and acquisitions that are occurring within the MSC market. With 4 zettabytes (10^21st bytes) of data now in existence worldwide, this report eliminates superficial information and drill down to the key metrics that will provide executives and investors with the data required to make educated decisions that will drive revenue.
In addition, executives and investors must to have a clear understanding of opportunities and threats occurring within the MSC marketplace. As the technology surrounding MSC derivation and differentiation advances, new opportunities for scaling up the manufacture and distribution of MSC research products and cell-based therapies has emerged. As clinical trials investigating MSCs increase in number, more cell therapy companies are also exploring clinical applications of MSCs and becoming competitive threats within the marketplace. Other examples of emerging threats within the MSC industry include the potential for inconsistent or negative clinical findings, competing technologies, and fluctuating government stances on whether manipulation of stem cells prior to transplantation into humans should be allowed (a current “hot topic” among regulatory bodies within the U.S. and other regions). In the rapidly-evolving MSC marketplace, being fully informed about both opportunities and threats is an essential aspect of being able to survive and thrive.
For a decade or so, MSCs were largely perceived to be a supportive, feeder layer for hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs). Then, sentiment within the research community swung strongly in the opposite direction, with MSCs hastily labeled as “stem cells,” despite demonstrating a considerably limited differentiation potential. This characterization was misleading and drove research towards outcomes that involved semi-differentiated and often non-engrafting cells. Because MSC differentiation often does not explain the benefits of MSC treatment, the answer to how MSCs exert their effects is still being explored across the public, private, academic, and government sectors.
Indeed, the traditional view that mesenchymal stem cells heal by maturing into replacement cells for damaged tissue is either partially (or fully) untrue. Current research now suggests that the power of MSCs more likely comes from their ability to regulate the immune response and influence the human body’s own regenerative machinery. This understanding is critical to pursing effective avenues for the commercialization of MSC products, technologies, and therapies.
The content and statistics contained in this report were compiled using a broad range of sources, including:
- Stem Cell Grant Funding Database (RePORT Database, CIRM, MRC, Wellcome Trust - UK)
- Stem Cell Patent Database (United States Patent and Trade Office, World Intellectual Property Organization)
- Stem Cell Clinical Trial Database (ClinicalTrials.gov, International Clinical Trials Registry Platform, European Union Clinical Trials Register )
- Stem Cell Scientific Publication Database (PubMed, Highwire Press, Google Scholar)
- Stem Cell Product Launch Announcements (Trade Journals, Google News)
- Stem Cell Industry Events (Google News, Google Alerts)
- Stem Cell Company News (SEC Filings, Investor Publications, Historic Performance)
- International Surveys (Electronically Distributed End-User Surveys)
- And More
Key findings within this report include:
- Trend Rate Data for MSC Grants, Clinical Trials, and Scientific Publications
- Analysis of MSC Patent Environment, including Key Patents and Patent Trends
- Advances in MSC Research Applications
- Crucial Advances in MSC Therapy Development
- Research Priorities by Market Segment
- Geographical Assessment of MSC Innovation
- Competitive Environment Analysis
- Market Size Determinations
- Company Profiles for MSC Industry Leaders
- And Much More
In summary, the mesenchymal stem cell marketplace is composed of several sectors experiencing strong growth. Claim this global strategic report to become informed, to gain a strategic advantage over your competition, and most importantly, to take advantage of important MSC industry trends